MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Weird problem with DNS lookup on Windows
Posted by: Paul Lugaro
Date: June 12, 2015 07:20PM

Hello,
I have a very weird problem. I'm always running the last version of Mysql/MAriaDB in a Fedora server (also with always the last version) and since the last upgrade to Fedora 21. I have 4 PCs in house and I have a problem in 1 on them. I have an external web hosting with GoDaddy, with several domains. When MySQL is running on the server, this PC with Windows 7/32 can't access to any of my domains. This is for any service (mail, httpd, ...) and I always have an error (timeout, can't resolve, ...) trying to resolve the domain. For example, MySQL running on the server, this PC (inside the same local network of course) can't navigate on one of my website on GoDaddy. The only way to get it works again is to stop the MySQL service in my local server. I know it sounds strange and weird but I'm really sure of that. I'm using Google DNS (4.4.4.4/8.8.4.4) but it's the same with any others. All the other PCs don't have any problem. I tried to change the connexion between the local server and this PC (wired, trhough a switch, directly on the modem, by wifi) but it's the same. I tried of course with the "skip-name-resolve" parameter in my local server but the problem continues, of course. The DNS lookup problem only affects 1 PC and only with my domains. It's ok for any other domain, and in any other PC in my house.
The only way I have to resolve this problem now is to stop the MySQL service in my local server when this PC needs to connect (browsing, sending/receiving emails) to my domains! Once it's stopped, 20-30 sec. after the PC can resolve again the domains!
Do you have any idea?
Thank you very much for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Weird problem with DNS lookup on Windows
June 12, 2015 07:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.