MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Root Reset Password
Posted by: Moacir Silveira Junior
Date: September 06, 2015 01:59PM

Hi all,

I just searched in all internet, but any solutions help-me.

I forgot my root password. Well, i founded in a article in mysql to reset password unsing this:

mysqld_nt --defaults-file="C:\\Arquivos de Programas\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.6\\my-default.ini" --init-file=C:\\temp\\mysql-init.txt

But in my instalations not have ANY mysqld_nt. Then I found in another article to use only mysqld.

Well, this froze my ms-dos window. And the mysql server dont start anymore. Well, Then I desinstalled the mysql server, and installed again.. I think "Now i will can use mysql again"... ONLY NOT... in the instalation, the mysql server need the CURRENT PASSWORD, but i dont know, i FORGOT the password...

I will need to format my computer to erase the current password and install mysql again ???

Plz, i lose all my day trying to do this, reset my root password to can use my mysql agains and nothing.

If someone know how, same a "underground" idea, and do not can tell me, i can open my computer, but plz, someone help me....

Att,
Moacir Jr.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Root Reset Password
September 06, 2015 01:59PM
September 06, 2015 03:58PM
September 08, 2015 07:35AM
September 08, 2015 09:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.