MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Cannot reinstall mySQL
Posted by: Eli Mattrick
Date: February 05, 2016 08:10AM

Hi,
For one of my classes I needed to install MS Access and mySQL. The first time around installing MS Access was giving me so much trouble to the point where I had to system restore. But while system restoring it uninstalled SQL, but left all the system files affiliated with it. This caused even more problems it seemed.

I now am unable to install mySQL. I've gotten a variety of errors while installing from not being able to apply security settings in the very last step of installing SQL to the error I have now which is the following: "Internal Error.(Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The installer will now close.". This error pops up whenever I try to run the installer.

I've tried a lot of different things to resolve this issue. I have cleaned the registry, deleted all files I could find relating to mySQL, and uninstalling. Nothing has worked. System restoring again is not an option at this point as I don't believe I have a point that will go back that far.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot reinstall mySQL
February 05, 2016 08:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.