MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: New Installation
Posted by: Dale Schmitz
Date: March 29, 2016 10:59PM

After doing some research on various ways and methods of installing MySQL community server, I've found a way that progresses further than anything I've tried to this point, but I'm stuck with this error:

--> Processing Dependency: perl(Time::HiRes) for package: mysql-community-test-5.7.11-1.el6.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: mysql-community-test-5.7.11-1.el6.x86_64 (mysql57-community)
Requires: perl(Time::HiRes)

So I downloaded the Time::HiRes package and installed it. It put the HiRes.pm module in /usr/lib64/perl5/Time directory, but my installation of MySQL community server still brings up the same error, even after a reboot.

I notice that there is another perl5/Time directory that doesn't have the HiRes.pm package, and it's under /usr/share/perl5/Time. Could this be the directory the MySQL installation is looking at? If so, how do I get the installation to find the HiRes.pm module in the /usr/lib64/perl5/Time directory?
Or, do I need to do something else with perl to make the HiRes.pm module accessible by the installation?

Thanks for any advice.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
March 27, 2016 08:24PM
Re: New Installation
March 29, 2016 10:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.