MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Copied MySQL Server 5.5 folder from a back now MySQL55 service won't start
Posted by: Bodywise ITDept
Date: July 27, 2016 03:41PM

I resolved the problem of not being able to start MySQL55.

I was having trouble trying to find the cause because the ".err" file was not getting updated when i would try starting the service. So, I removed the ".err", ".pid", ".log" and all of the "ib*" files. The startup created new files, and I was able see what was happening after a new '.err" file was created.

It came down to a permissions issue. The MySQL service is owned by NETWORK SERVICE on my Windows server, the folder I restored (TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION BTW) did not have NETWORK SERVICE in the list of permissions. I added it, gave it full permissions then the service started.

I had some problems accessing a couple of tables, not the end of the world since we are still in beta, not live yet with this project.

So to fix this problem in its entirety I restored directly from tape to the actual MySQL folder location. I use Backup Exec 2012 for our backups. I stopped the MySQL55 service, let the BackUp Exec restore to the original location, selected to recreate the directory structure, and (MOST IMPORTANT) "Restore security information and file system permissions.

After doing this i was able to start the MySQL55 service properly, and i can access ALL OF THE TABLES.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Copied MySQL Server 5.5 folder from a back now MySQL55 service won't start
July 27, 2016 03:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.