MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Posted by: angela cornelius
Date: July 07, 2008 04:36PM

I am having a similar problem. Has anyone figured out a solution? My platform is OSX Leopard on an iMac, I used the MySQL-5.0.51b-OSX10.5-x86_64.pkg in the following order: MySQL install package, the mysql startup item, then the mysql.prefPane. I thought it was fine as terminal let me see the install and allowed me to change security settings such as root password. However, when I open PHPmyAdmin and try to connect to MySQL it gives me the error 2002. I am wondering if I need to install a different version of mysql (x86 rather than x86_64?) There was no real documentation on which installer to use for leopard on a newer iMac, apple didn't even know the difference! If so, how do I Uninstall mysql to reinstall??? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
July 07, 2008 04:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.