MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Archive Storage Engine

FTP to copy ARCHIVE tables?
Posted by: Nick Sharp
Date: July 06, 2008 10:44PM

I am wondering if it is possible to copy an ARCHIVE table from one MySQL server to another using FTP? My (optimistic?) thought is to FTP both <tablename>.ARZ and <tablename>.frm from server A's /var/lib/mysql/<databasename> to server B's /var/lib/mysql/<databasename> under CentOS5.1 with MySQL 5.1.22 community edition from mysql.com

It isn't working for me so far. The two file systems seem identical but server B tries to repair the table, and fails.

The table is created weekly, and the FTP attempt occurs after that table's week is over. I want to be able occasionally to read the table on server B.

I expect I'm supposed to use mysqldump, but the tables are already about 3Gb in size, and I'd guess the dump would be some 4x that, which makes for a much bigger FTP than if I can just FTP the ARZ.

Economical suggestions welcome if FTP is a no-no (why?).

Oh, confession is good: the code inserting records into the table on server A is sloppy, and does not (YET) do a DBI->disconnect - is that perhaps my current obstacle?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
FTP to copy ARCHIVE tables?
July 06, 2008 10:44PM
July 07, 2008 08:23AM
July 07, 2008 09:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.