MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Optimizer & Parser

Simple queries take a lot some times
Posted by: Paolo Ragone
Date: January 30, 2007 01:04PM

Hi,

I have a database with one big table (about 2 million rows and about 2.8 Gb for data). It also has a lot of indexes (all of them necessary). The .MYI is about 1.4 Gb.

The performance in general is very good, but is has happened a couple of times that (randomly) a simple update on this table would take about 200 seconds (when normally it wouldn't take even a sec).

I was wondering if perhaps this is happening because of the indexes (perhaps MySQL is needing to do some internal stuff once in a while and when this happens it's a bad moment for queries :).

Anyway,I was trying to see how MySQL handles the indexes or internal optimization because there wasn't any external factor that may have affected server performance.

So, any information on where I can find more info or if this has ever happened to you would be greatly appreciated.

This is happening on a MyISAM table with 13 indexes (one of them is a Full text index). MySQL version is 4.1.11 on Debian sarge3.

Thanks in advance :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Simple queries take a lot some times
January 30, 2007 01:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.