MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Ruby

Best way to install MySQL with ROR on Windows.
Posted by: Fletcher Johnson
Date: December 12, 2009 06:53PM

Hi all,

I have been using XAMPP to do development with PHP and MySQL, using Netbeans as my editor on a windows Vista system. Despite all I have read on all the pages (including the other current thread on the subject) nothing works.

Given that a number of sites mention .exe files that don't exist in my XAMPP install, I am finally getting to the point where my only option appears to be to uninstall everything and then reinstall.

Given I will do that, what is the best way to install MySQL in a windows environment so that I can use ROR? Is there a "package" windows installer? Or should I try to install all separately? And the best reference web page/doc to use as a guide?

And is there anything I should do (other than running any uninstall options I can find) so that I am not frustrated by "left over" settings that remain after I have uninstalled and deleted the various folders?

Thanks,

me

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Best way to install MySQL with ROR on Windows.
December 12, 2009 06:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.