MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Docs

Forums could have secondary subjects
Posted by: Jason Downing
Date: September 27, 2006 04:19PM

I would like to suggest that in the forums a secondary subject could be added. This way, when someone replies to a thread, they could put a very short summary of their reply in a second part of the subject, and both would be shown on the main list for that forum.

Then a viewer could at a glance get an idea of the whole conversation and each part of it, without having to click on each part of the thread.

Also I think a "View entire thread" link could be placed on each thread. Then the thread could be displayed in chronological order, and the viewer could read the whole thread without clicking on each component of the thread. This would also make it easy to read a whole thread and then use the "Back" button to return to the main forum list.

I think that the forum search tool would be better to show complete threads rather than individual answers to posts. This way the results of a search would be shorter, and viewing a result would show a whole thread (preferably on one screen).

I realise that threads can become confusing when show all on one screen, but I think this could be overcome by displaying the posts in chronological order with the first post at the top.

If anyone knows who I could forward this suggestion to directly please let me know who would be the right person to direct it to and I will send it to them.

Thanks, Jason

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Forums could have secondary subjects
September 27, 2006 04:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.