MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Docs

Re: Your Beginners Guidance is Disastrous
Posted by: Wolf Halton
Date: October 26, 2006 08:05AM

I have read the man page and much of the documentation. It is true that there are a huge number of features covered that are opaque to a beginner. I am in a perfect position to write the absolute beginners book, as I have never successfully gotten a local version of MySQL to work in a useful way. I have not even gotten to the point that my questions make any sense. I need very simple commands, like a hello-world database primer.

How do you set the root user for mySQL? My localhost version will not allow root to log in. The installation didn't require a password to forget (like postgre) so I don't have to ask how to retrieve a password... yet. lol

How do you start a new database? I have found some nifty front-end tools that are billed to make MySQL as easy as foxpro, however, they do not include the formation of the db or adding users.

Wolf

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
October 03, 2006 04:53PM
Re: Your Beginners Guidance is Disastrous
October 26, 2006 08:05AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.