Newbie Help Needed Designing a Cinema Timetable Database
Posted by: Scout Brandie
Date: December 30, 2006 07:10AM

Hi there,

I wasn't sure whether to post this here as its a design question or in the Newbie page as its probably incredibly stupid. I've just worked through my first php/mysql book and enjoyed it, and i'd like to get going on a practical project which is a new website for a cinema i work at. I would like to set up a database so that film details could be entered by the staff at the start of a week and they would show online. I'm just in the early stages of planning it out, but its rather confusing me how to go about it.

I would like to have details for each film, for example: Name, Certificate, Director, Length, Cast, Synopsis, PictureURL (for an image of the film, just to make things look pretty). This part seems quite simple to me.

The part thats stumping me is how to set them up on a timetable of sorts. I would like the film times to be on the database so that they would show online, and as we as searching for film times BY film, i would also like to search for films BY film times or days. Am i best having an associated table with all the times of the day (maybe in 5 minute intervals), and another table with all the dates of the year, or is there an easier way to go about this. Sorry for the real novice question and basic approach - i was doing so well with all the examples in the book but it seems i've come stumped when I had to do it for myself.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Newbie Help Needed Designing a Cinema Timetable Database
December 30, 2006 07:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.