Again very large table
Posted by: Leonid
Date: May 02, 2007 02:27AM

Hi, please advice me with my big table. Application is CDR file treatment, data are inserted into one table and accumulated there during last month. After the expire of month some treatment made and old data should be erased. Table have some indexes for calculation purpose. Problem is the last operation (delete) have very long time for execution. I divide delete command onto much more short time period nevertheless operation still very slow.
I have an idea to distribute data on different tables with appropriate name having time hint (like t_200704 for April, 2007 data). After month treatment particular table simply dropped and database space released. But problem for me: how to create table with variable substitution? It is possible by external scripting (e.g. shell or perl script) but preferable way will be native SQL approach. Is it possible? Prepared statement look very complicated solution and not convenient...
May be my way is wrong? and there are exists another better approaches..

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Again very large table
May 02, 2007 02:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.