DB Design for huge table
Posted by: Yesid Hernandez
Date: September 14, 2007 07:28PM

Hi all,

Well I'm been challenged by a application, although I have been working with MySQL from a while my early design are working good.

The problem:

The app writes 236 rows in a table for minute, this is working 24/7. So 339840 records per day. I'm not sure if this is so much but for me it is.

I want to get data from that table in intervals of 8 hours, so 118080 record will be returned in each search.

But the time MySQL is having, it's to much, right now it's like 6 min, beacause I'm running this in a LAMP server, I have to change the PHP script max time response. But it's very bad for the user to wait 6min to get the search. And with the new records this time is getting bigger.

I'm wondering if there is some better ways of doing this.

I'm thinking on a solution, breaking the table in parts, and creating one for week or something like this, do you think this is the solution?, can you advice me on another solution?

Ibraim,

PS. I hope you understand my not native English.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
DB Design for huge table
September 14, 2007 07:28PM
September 28, 2007 08:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.