Link Tables
Posted by: Zahid Chaudhry
Date: October 27, 2007 03:45PM

Hi,

I want to implement a functionality in a database so that a menu can hold as many drinks and as many food items as possible. I am using a Link table for this functionality.

In Detail The DESIGN:
I have a table called venue with fields venuId, name, and menuID(foreign Key). There is a menu table with fields menuID, drinkID(foreign Key), foodID(foreign Key). There is a table called food with fields foodID, foodName, foodPrice. There is a table called drink with fields drinkID, drinkName, drinkPrice.

There is going to be a number of venues and every venue will have its own menu (i.e. In reality there are a number of restaurants with one or more menus and each menu has lots of drinks and lots of food items). If we consider a website like www.toptable.com a restaurant has the same.

Now with Design I mentioned above I can only have one drink item and one food item in each menu but I would like to have a number of drink items and a number of food items in one menu.

I hope I am not being ambiguous and unclear. Please your advise, help, suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks - Zahid

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Link Tables
October 27, 2007 03:45PM
October 28, 2007 02:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.