Re: Storing JSON inside a text or blob column
Posted by: Joshua Nisenson
Date: June 05, 2008 12:09PM

Yes, a measure would just be one item or one issue that is voted upon. So for one ballot there would be 10-30 items to vote on, (10-30 based on the group types). Then, there would be multiple ballots based on how many groups the person was a member of.

What I was afraid of from a db perspective is that a single user on any day/week with 10-30 votes * however many groups they were a member of...would end up taking up lots and lots of rows. So if there were 1000, 10000, 100000 or more users the data set would get large very quickly.

The client side uses a Javascript framework that is designed to parse JSON so I thought returning a JSON object that contained the 10-30 votes of information per group would still be fast and would save space. I do see that this breaks the single piece of data per cell for the SQL queries.....

Hmmm, do you have an idea for another way of doing this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.