Re: Help with search engine-like behavior
Posted by: kishor kundan
Date: January 31, 2011 04:24AM

as mentioned by Rick James you could allow the attributes such as length, color to be of enum type, allowing users to select from a select box

for your search relevancy i would like to suggest Fulltext indexes, but they are limited to MyISAM storage engines only which does not support transaction or even foreign keys.

but anyways i don't see any need of transacational sql here, plz forgive me if i have overlooked any of the issues, and plus retrieval, storage and insertions are better with MyISAM.

additionally locking MyISAM tables during insertion and update operations speed up performance.

fulltext index is the way to go but it also comes with downside, the stop words at times affect meaningful search queries, the minimum length criterion and 50% thing. lets see if some comes up with clean solutions here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
December 14, 2010 06:52PM
Re: Help with search engine-like behavior
January 31, 2011 04:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.