Re: unmappable variable when attempting to schedule a new rule
Date: February 21, 2012 11:02AM
This appears to be issue with <namespace> in the xml file?
Steps to replicate:
1) edit the custom.xml file, copying the example 'anonymous_user' entry. Change the new entry to do a 'select count...where user='user_in_user_table'. and change the <classname>anonymous_user</classname> to something like <classname>testing_entry</classname>.
2) save file, stop and restart the agent.
3) in the MEM server, copy the 'anonymous_user' rule and edit it to use the above 'testing_entry' value (set the 'data item'). Add this new rule to the schedule.
Note: No issue/problem adding this new rule to the schedule.
4) edit the custom.xml file again, changing the <namespace>mysql</namespace> value for the <classname>testing_entry</classname> entry to something like <namespace>mytesting</namespace>.
5) save file, stop and restart the agent.
6) On the MEM server, edit the new rule created in (3) and change the data item to the new value (mytesting:testing_entry:...). Save the rule.
7) Add the new/changed rule to the schedule. Result: error scheduling rule against server.
8) Check ALL logs - same error as earlier: unmappable variable.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.