MEM Agent starting but not working.
Posted by: Sean Scullion
Date: July 18, 2014 03:57AM

Dear all,

I've got the MEM Service Manager up and running without problems and it's monitoring local instances of Mysql that are on the same box.

However upon installing the Agent on my Ubuntu 12.04 linux boxes I get a number of errors and I wonder if anyone else has come across them and found a workaround. See log file below including numerous stack traces.

I Googled the error message (of course!) and there were zero hits which makes me wonder what might have gone wrong during install, which seemed to be fine. But maybe someone out there has a clue about this...

[I would particularly like to know if the Agent is passing info to the Service Manager via GET/POST/HTTP and if these can be done on the command line.]

Ubuntu 12.04
MEM Service Manager: 3.0.10.2987
Agent: 3.0.11

Any insights? Where do I start looking?

Thanks!

From the MEM Agent Log:
==> mysql-monitor-agent.log <==
2014-07-18 09:50:33,633 ERROR com.mysql.etools.agent.order.InventoryCollectionOrder: Error running collection InventoryCollectionSchedule[collectionService=scope=com.mysql.etools.scope.AssetScope[com.mysql.etools.inventory.model.os.Os];metrics=[];params=null;schedule=FixedPeriodSchedule[period=00:00:30;start=null;next=null]]

==> mysql-monitor-agent-full.log <==
2014-07-18 09:50:33,633 ERROR [cme.schedule.Scheduler-3:com.mysql.etools.agent.order.InventoryCollectionOrder] Error running collection InventoryCollectionSchedule[collectionService=scope=com.mysql.etools.scope.AssetScope[com.mysql.etools.inventory.model.os.Os];metrics=[];params=null;schedule=FixedPeriodSchedule[period=00:00:30;start=null;next=null]]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.hyperic.sigar.SysInfo.gather(Lorg/hyperic/sigar/Sigar;)V
at org.hyperic.sigar.SysInfo.gather(Native Method)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.os.OsProvider$1.execute(OsProvider.java:130)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.SigarExecutor.execute(SigarExecutor.java:93)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.os.OsProvider.collectOs(OsProvider.java:116)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.os.OsProvider.collect(OsProvider.java:109)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.impl.SimpleInventoryProviderAdaptor.fetch(SimpleInventoryProviderAdaptor.java:93)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.impl.InventoryConcentrator$ProvidersIterator.computeNext(InventoryConcentrator.java:130)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.impl.InventoryConcentrator$ProvidersIterator.computeNext(InventoryConcentrator.java:106)
at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.copyOf(ImmutableList.java:263)
at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.copyOf(ImmutableList.java:223)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.impl.MetricCollectionConcentrator.doCollect(MetricCollectionConcentrator.java:71)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.impl.MetricCollectionConcentrator.collect(MetricCollectionConcentrator.java:62)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.collection.impl.AgentShim.collect(AgentShim.java:22)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.order.InventoryCollectionOrder.run(InventoryCollectionOrder.java:95)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.order.InventoryCollectionOrder.access$000(InventoryCollectionOrder.java:26)
at com.mysql.etools.agent.order.InventoryCollectionOrder$1.run(InventoryCollectionOrder.java:75)
at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:51)
at org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ReschedulingRunnable.run(ReschedulingRunnable.java:81)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MEM Agent starting but not working.
July 18, 2014 03:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.