Re: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation
Posted by: Eduardo Legatti
Date: November 17, 2014 05:57AM

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay response, but the forum was not publishing my posts in these last days.

I'm using the "root" user. I noticed that AWS RDS instance doesn't permit that we grant the "SUPER" privilege to anyone.

Below are my connection settings. The MySQL version in the AWS RDS is 5.5.40-log

Connect Using: TCP/IP
Instance Address: IP of my RDS instance
Port: 3306
Admin User: root
Admin Password: ********
Auto-Create Less Privileged Users: No
General User: I let this field blank
General Password: I let this field blank
Limited User: I let this field blank
Limited Password: I let this field blank

In fact, I followed the steps provided by the MySQL Enterprise Monitor home page:

* Do not configure MySQL Enterprise Monitor to auto-create the less privileged Limited and General accounts, and instead use the Admin account for all monitoring.

* This is set in the Connection Settings tab when adding (or editing) a MySQL instance to be monitored. This Auto-Create Less Privileged Users setting defaults to Yes, so toggle it to No.

* Also under Connection Settings is the Instance Address parameter. Set this to your endpoint, which is the entry point for your MySQL Server web service.

* Change the inventory table schema for MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent from "mysql" to an alternative (and existing) schema.

What am i doing wrong? Is this a bug? What are the right privileges that I need to provide for the user?

Thanks for your support ;-)

Legatti

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 06:04AM by Eduardo Legatti.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation
November 17, 2014 05:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.