MEM - agentless setup
Posted by: Peter Marko
Date: October 02, 2015 03:00AM

Hi,
I have MEM 3.0 installed on linux box, trying to monitor MySQL 5.6 instancess in an agentless setup.

Based on the docs the Service manager component has built-in agent, so there is no agent installed on that MEM box - and I get events from remote instances

First of all - is that "Service Manager only" install correct for a MEM 3.0 server?

And the second question is (probably) related to the first one. I need to add some custom data collections to my setup to be able to create new/modify existing advisors. The documentation states "add custom.xml to etc folder of agent" ...
How do I add custom data collections to an agentless setup? Is that even possible to have it defined on MEM server and use it for remote monitoring?
When I tried to add custom.xml to /opt/mysql/enterprise/monitor/etc (or event manually created /opt/mysql/enterprise/agent/etc) it's not reflected in the GUI
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MEM - agentless setup
October 02, 2015 03:00AM
October 05, 2015 06:16AM
October 07, 2015 12:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.