MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Re: hot standby mysql-server
Posted by: Lars Johansson
Date: September 10, 2007 07:36AM

Hi,
I'm very greatful for the suggestions.
(I probably messed the msg-chain up by adding a msg titled 'compile' in the middle of the chain. I'm sorry for that).

But I tried to replicate before, and it always ended up with problems that has to be fixed. Now I
have an unattended server in south of France (I'm in Sweden and it's far from France). So I like to come up with a simple robust replication.
This is how it works. We update the master database with nightly batch jobs. When all jobs are run, I run some 'lock table all' on the master and then stop mysql in France, and Rsync copy selected databases from Sweden to France. Then I start mysql in France and unlock the global table lock in Sweden.
I know this work but the proxy will be the icing on the cake. If anything goes wrong in France the french guys are routed up to us.

When I have this up and running I'll be happy to write a paper about this 'Distributed Data Warehouse' it is actually a great application.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: hot standby mysql-server
September 10, 2007 07:36AM
September 10, 2007 09:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.