MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Mysql-Proxy and GSLB (GSS)
Posted by: Derek Meyer
Date: February 27, 2013 11:22AM

To All:

I have what Might be a setup issue or a bug.. I am unsure so I figured I would ask people that have more experience than I do on this topic.

High Level Setup assume the DB server name is db-server

Master-Master setup between 10.10.10.10 and 10.10.10.11

Sample: East/West Coast
West Coast user resovles to 10.10.10.10 (Server on the west coast)
Multiple West Coast process servers with mysql-proxy pointing to the server name of "db-server" (10.10.10.10)
East Coast user resolves to 10.10.10.11 (Server on the East Coast)
Multiple East Coast process servers with mysql-proxy pointing to the server name of "db-server" (10.10.10.11)

At a even higher level
If you do a nslookup on "db-server.foo.com" on the west coast you return 10.10.10.10.
If you do a nslookup on "db-server.foo.com" on the east coast you return 10.10.10.11

All systems proxy point to db-server.foo.com

Everything works great as I have accounted for most items for this application.

Now what "may" be the bug... If I shutdown the West coast db-server (10.10.10.10) I would expect the proxy to see a breif failure and reconnect to the "new" East coast servers of 10.10.10.11 This does not happen

The West coast servers continue to attempt to connect to 10.10.10.10 until the proxy is restarted.

I have validated that after I shutdown the west coast instance of db-server (10.10.10.10) nslookup/dig of db-server resolves properly to the East coast system (10.10.10.11)

If I was to hazard a guess I "think" mysql-proxy caches the IP address of whatever server it has configured.. How do I decrease that cache time? or is something else going on that I am not aware of?

mysql-proxy is setup to point to db-server (GSS controls the IP of DB-server incase one goes offline)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Mysql-Proxy and GSLB (GSS)
February 27, 2013 11:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.