MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Workbench Not Loading my.ini on Windows XP
Posted by: Allen McGruder
Date: January 22, 2010 09:26AM

I've installed MySQL 5.1 on a dedicated XP computer. To make things easier, I installed the server in the root at "C:\@MySQL" and pointed the data to the folder "C:\@MySqlData." I made these choices during installation and the server is running well. I then installed the MySQL workbench and created an admin connection to my server, which was easy enough.

However, I notice that the admin connection is not loading the correct config file located in "C:\@MySQL\my.ini." It's trying to load a "phantom" config file from a directory that doesn't exist: "%ProgramFiles%\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\my.ini." I didn't install to that directory. There is no "MySQL Server 5.1" in my "Program Files" folder.

The following is a quote from the workbench output window after connecting to the server:

read_mysql_cfg_file failed. Added empty content %ProgramFiles%\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\my.ini
Parsing options only from section mysqld

How can I point the workbench admin gui to the correct config file?

Thanks,
a

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Workbench Not Loading my.ini on Windows XP
January 22, 2010 09:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.