MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Newbie - remote management SSH
Posted by: Boris Baghdikian
Date: October 15, 2010 03:49AM

Hi,

I'm starting to learn MySql Workbench (MyW), to connect my database to a Unity3d application.
I've got a tutorial to do that, but I'm stuck on the first line, when I need to connect MyW to my database which is on a other computer.

I'm connected to my server through the "SQL Development" and I've access to my tables...

But when I'm trying to connect to my server through the "Server Administration", it says that "Could not establish SSH connection: Error reading SSH protocol banner".
I used the same host port user than the SQL development.

I've an acces to my server through Myphpadmin.

I'm a 3d realtime developer and a graphic designer,
I know how to do some queries for add or take informations for my database but I don't know anything about servers, I don't even know what is SSH, is it a program, code file, should I set it up on the server ? except that's usefull for the security I don't have any clue about it...

Please help me to understand or tell me what did I done wrong ?
I just need to connect myself as the admin I've got a complete tutorial after that.

I'm using MySQL 5...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 06:41AM by Boris Baghdikian.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Newbie - remote management SSH
October 15, 2010 03:49AM
October 18, 2010 01:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.