MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Cannot Connect to Database Server
Posted by: Bill Baker
Date: May 16, 2011 05:20PM

I switched my home directory today to use an NFS mounted copy and it might be merely coincidental but after that - any use of my stored connections in workbench always show an error dialog saying that it "Cannot Connect to Database Server" and listing 4 possible solutions.

1. I first confirmed that none of them were an issue here. I then assumed that I might have to "refresh" the xml files so I wiped clean the .mysql sub-directory and restarted workbench.
2. I confirmed that I could actually connect to the server using the mysql command-line tool.
3. I started getting desperate and uninstalled workbench and re-installed it (on Fedora 14 using the standard RPM repository - workbench version 5.2.33b).
4. I reverted back to my local home directory by commenting out the nfs mount in the /etc/fstab file but workbench is still giving the error.

None of the above worked. Any suggestions or locations for debugging info?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cannot Connect to Database Server
May 16, 2011 05:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.