MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Problems connecting to mysql server from mysqlworkbench
Posted by: Mark O' Sullivan
Date: July 08, 2011 01:44PM

Hi,
I'm having problems connecting to the mysql server using the mysql workbench. Quite strange. I can log into the server from the command line with full permissions. I have 2 users set up in the mysql table, user1 is root with % as host, user2 is mark with localhost as host. When I try to connect using the mysql workbench I receive the following error "Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1". Just noticed as well when I tried to use the mysqladmin command line tool, running a command like 'mysqladmin variables' I receive the following error 'error: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'. Any help would be much appreciated as I'm trying to set up a website and obviously it is much easier to use a GUI interface rather than command line. Very odd, I couldn't connect either with the previously version the mysqladmin.Need help! Even a guess would be great.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problems connecting to mysql server from mysqlworkbench
July 08, 2011 01:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.