MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench - how to connect to Server?
Posted by: Sue Martin
Date: July 25, 2011 02:40PM

Hello,

I am very new to using MySQL Workbench. I am working on Windows 7 PC. MySQL Server Version is "5.1.45". The version of Community MysQL Workbench is "5.2.34".

I recently built a data model on Workbench and forward engineered data model with zero (0) errors. I saw database with tables when database adminstrator typed/used command "show database" and they were listed. I do not know the environment used in "show database"?

A few days days later the MySQL database administator departed company work place. Upon departure of database adm. I no longer have access to server database using MySQL workbench and I am not able to forward engineer changes without "cannot connect to database server errors". At this time there is not anyone available in my work place to ask for help.

Please tell me the steps to take to gain access to database and tables in MySQL workbench and server. I keep getting the following error:

"Server xxxdb.xxxxxx.xxx.xx.xx
User: inventory
Host: 127.0.0.1:3306"

"MySQL Workbench
Cannot Connect to Database Server
Your connection attempt failed for user 'inventory' from your host to
server at 127.0.0.1:3306:
Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1'(10061)"

"Please:
1 Check that mysql is running on server 127.0.0.1
2 Check that mysql is running on port 3306(note: 3306 is the default, but this can be changed)
3 Check the inventory has rights to connect to 127.0.0.1 from your address(mysql rights define
what clients can connect to the server and from which machines)
4 Make sure you are both providing a password if needed and using the correct password
for 127.0.0.1 connecting from the host address you're connecting from"

Please help I am very new to MySQL workbench and server access. I sincerely appreciate help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench - how to connect to Server?
July 25, 2011 02:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.