MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Cannot connect from localhost, but can connect from other machine
Posted by: Alexander Herpel
Date: May 06, 2012 12:22PM

Hello!

I would be very happy if someone could explain this for me:

- I have installed mySQL Server 5.5 and workbench 5.2.39
- On first setup I could make a database, connect to it through the SQL development option under workbench. Also I got it up and running in NetBeans. All was good and everything worked.
- After reboot and the next day I cannot log into the database using SQL Development, BUT I can log into thorugh Netbeans and get the tables from EER modelling options.
- I can reach the database via workbench on another computer in my lan.
- I have tried everything under priveliges; hosts = % , localhost, ::1, 127.0.0.1 and lan IP.
- I have disabled firewall as well, but nothing works.
- The really odd thing is that it worked the first time, and still works in Netbeans and from the remote computer. It's just from workbench on localhost it does not work.

EDIT:
- I can also connect via command line / shell without problems... It's only via Workbench GUI I get error. The error is: Cannot Connect to Database. Your connection attempt failed for user 'xxxx' from your host to server localhost:3306: Could not open database.

Can someone please give me some tips, I would really appreciate it! This is driving me insane....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2012 12:47PM by Alexander Herpel.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.