MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Failed to Connect to MySQL at 127.0.0.1:3306
Posted by: Stephen Carnavil
Date: July 11, 2012 05:19PM

I know this has probably been answered a million times but I tried searching Google to no avail.

So I had previously downloaded Workbench 5.2 back in December and had no problem jumping on, creating a database, installing .NET Connector, and building a functioning website to display my data.

I have since come back to launch the Workbench and am unable to connect to the server. I uninstalled, downloaded the latest copy, re-installed, and still can't connect... To my local database? Here is what I am doing;
- Open up Workbench
- Select 'New Server Instance'
- 'Next' with localhost checked
- Hostname: localhost, Port: 3306, Username: root - Then I hit 'Next' and it cannot connect to MySQL Server... I don't get what it's trying to connect to if this is to SETUP the connection?

What do I need to do to create this server instance? I figured Workbench did this automatically since I've never had anything like this occur... Is there another application I need to run in the background so Workbench can connect to my 'server'?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 05:24PM by Stephen Carnavil.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Failed to Connect to MySQL at 127.0.0.1:3306
July 11, 2012 05:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.