MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

a couple of suggestions from a newbie
Posted by: mark edwards
Date: October 15, 2012 12:25PM

hi all - (5.2.44 rev#9933)

workbench has quickly become my biggest "cant-live-without" tool, so i am NOT complaining about anything. however, i would like to ask:

1) i click a table-name and then click columns to see my columns. then when i go back to click the table in order to place the table-name into my sql editing window, the table column-list drop-down closes! i have to re-open the table in order to continue to see my column-names. any way we can leave the column-names visible?

2) it seems like an earlier release used to keep all my open editing windows between sessions. thats pretty handy for those of us who run win-7 and see the BSOD every day. now when i go to close workbench, i have to manually save each window rather than have workbench automatically remember each open editing sql window.

3) i still would like to see a little "plus-sign" next to my open windows on the far right of all the editing-windows tabs, identical to the way FF and chrome handles it. yes i can do a "control-t" but sometimes my hand happens to be on the mouse, other times the keyboard. that would be a handy shortcut!

my two cents worth....

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
a couple of suggestions from a newbie
October 15, 2012 12:25PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.