MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

re.: help neede with slackware installation of any workbench
Posted by: prof essor
Date: November 22, 2012 05:39AM

hello All,

first post in this forum.

I have been using MySQL-Workbench 5.2.38 on slackware 13.37 for more than a year, in both my laptop and netbook. After downloading and adding all the required packages, I remember, the first installation went so smooth I couldn't believe.

I recently have upgraded my laptop to slackware 14 and was trying to reinstall workbench so that I can back up my work from the netbook and then also upgrade my little work netbook; of course no matter what I do now, it just won't start.

This is what I have done so far:
1) tried to install all the required packages for workbench 5.2.38, as listed in http://pkgs.org/, and when I run mysql-workbench from the konsole i get this error msg:
'/usr/bin/mysql-workbench-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

2) browsing around some forums suggested to look up new packages for slackware 14 instead, as the one mentioned above were for slackware 13.37; and so I did. I loked at new packages needed and found them at http://slackblogs.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-package-on-slackhacks-mysql.html. However, same error output as previously.

3) I then decided to upgrade to MySQL-Workbench 5.2.44 and tried again to run it; the output was:
/usr/bin/mysql-workbench-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

4) I tried to look up those two library packages and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

As also suggested by some in this forum, it's a fresh/clean install of workbench on new slackware14; the only package that I isntalled before workbench was skype.

I really need workbench to get my database server going again and I dont want to go back to slackware 13. I would happily install an older version of workbench if it worked but I even tried MySQL-Workbench 5.2.37 on the same machine and i get a similar library error.

Could anyone kindly help me with this, pretty please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
re.: help neede with slackware installation of any workbench
November 22, 2012 05:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.