MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Workbench Won't Open?
Posted by: Jasmine Bonow
Date: November 30, 2012 07:01PM

I have 5.2.44 Workbench installed on Ubuntu 10.4.

It has been functioning wonderfully - until this afternoon.

This afternoon, I was deleting some rows in a table - this process applied just fine. I then realized a bit later that I needed to also delete information from another table, and went to open up Workbench again.

Except - now it wouldn't open. I can indeed click on the icon and thesplash screen will pop up, but - that's as far as it will get. The screen closes, and then - the next screen (which gives the option to query, set up a localhost, etc) never appears. I have rebooted and shutdown and restarted my machine.

After one of the reboots, the icons for the program were blank, and clicking the program said the file was empty. At this point, I reinstalled the package. The icons are back, and everything seems to be fine except - the same problem remains.

The main splash screen comments that the program was last accessed the last time it was successfully opened and usable - no subsequence clicks and splash screen openings seem to actually be registering.

Is there another way to repair my install somehow, how do I check and see if my files are still present?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Workbench Won't Open?
November 30, 2012 07:01PM
December 04, 2012 02:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.