MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

How is it possible that Workbench is getting worse with time?
Posted by: Kevin Rowe
Date: December 12, 2012 03:12PM

I've been using MySql and it's workbench tool for well over a decade and it strikes me as odd in that the workbench is the only application I use for anything which is clearly getting crappier and crappier with time. I can't say that there is a single feature which I can consistently rely on to actually work. The most basic of tasks is completed by little more than random chance. Even those things that do work right now won't work an hour from now and restarting the application will not fix it. If you're really lucky you'll get an error but even then you can be sure that it won't be useful in any way. Don't ask me to be more specific because if you don't know what I'm talking about you've never used it. About the only way it's consistent is in that it consistently sucks. No matter the OS or the task you can count on workbench to let you down. Is this how Oracle plans to kill MySql? I think it'll work but they're smoking meth if they think people are going to switch from MySql to Oracle DB. This clearly shows a lack of quality assurance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How is it possible that Workbench is getting worse with time?
December 12, 2012 03:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.