MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

restoring from previous version of workbench
Posted by: Bob Fyfe
Date: December 14, 2012 03:18PM

I had mysql installed on a MacBook Pro and had built tables and working merrily upon my way. In an effort to accomplish another task (getting a subversion client to work under eclipse) I THINK there was an attempt to install a newer version of mysql. I no longer could see the schema that I was working off of. Looking in /usr/local/mysql I see it is a symbolic link to a version (mysql-5.5.27) and I see ./bin and ./data directory etc.... I also see that it appears that the previous version of the data directory was set aside. So I see a version (not the one the symbolic link points to) (mysql-5.5.23) that has what I believe I was working on in it. I have tried to point the symbolic link at it. Doesn't work as I would guess since it has none of the other directories in it. I have tried just tar'ing up the directory that I thought corresponded to the schema I was working with. The schema now appears in the workbench but no data and while the tables appear in the list of tables, I can see anything more.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
restoring from previous version of workbench
December 14, 2012 03:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.