MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL WB Utilities: Diff / Alter generation by dump
Posted by: Sebastian Lange
Date: January 04, 2013 03:55AM

Hi there,

i was working quite a time now with the WB itself and a bit with the python scripts included. I now got the problem of automating the "Reverse Engineer ALTER Script" Function from the WB with the python scripts.

I have a active DB in a unknown (version-)state, but i do have ALTER and CREATE scripts for all versions. I now simply want to check by comparing the running DB (or the dump of that DB) with a CREATE script generated within the WB (by ModelView: Reverse Engineer CREATE Script).

So easiest would be to just compare the dump (only Structure) and my CREATE script, but none of the MySQL-WB Utilities nor the py-scripts in MySQLWB/python does take files or streams as arguments.

Wouldn't there be a close py-function already?
Has someone made this already and can give me some hints or even solve this?
Does the WB itself not resort on the py-scripts?

Thanks for your time and help
Sebastian

Edited:
OS is Windows XP with MySQL Server; all scripts and a Portable Python are located on USB, no WB on the Production Machine this has to be executed on

The WB is only on Developers machine, so just check for diffs in WB is out of question.

Edit2:
Topic set more specific

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2013 07:02AM by Sebastian Lange.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL WB Utilities: Diff / Alter generation by dump
January 04, 2013 03:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.