MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Editing Table Data - Import CSV
Posted by: Shawn Foust
Date: February 05, 2013 11:54AM

I am trying to get the newer import tool in the edit table data screen to work. I have some people that are not technically inclined that will have to import some csv files into our DB. It seems to work great unless you try to leave a field as null. One issue that I have is that if the default value of a field is 0, if you import a csv with a blank column, shouldn't it just put a zero in all of the fields automatically? That is a smaller issue, as I can have them put 0 in those fields. The big issue that I have is the ID field. The first column in my table is ID, which is pretty standard. I can't get a CSV to import with the first column having null values or a 0 entered into each. This is an auto increment field so a 0 should just get turned into the next value, or a null. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I don't want them to assign IDs in that field so if there is a duplicate it will not import it twice. Which I haven't tested that functionality yet either, as I need the ID fields to be working right to do that.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Editing Table Data - Import CSV
February 05, 2013 11:54AM
February 07, 2013 01:59AM
February 07, 2013 09:41AM
February 11, 2013 01:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.