MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

trying to "download" DB's from website in workbench
Posted by: Will Bender
Date: November 26, 2013 12:15AM

Hello Everyone,

I am totally new to workbench, so please bear with me and my terminology, which may be somewhat inaccurate.

What I need to do is "download" my MySQL db's from my website into Workbench, and then export them to Open Office's BASE.

Workbench is installed, and I have connected to the database server okay, and I have even found the databases I need. The part I dont get is how to save the downloaded DB inside workbench, like the way one would a download from a website or maybe a database dump into my computer from the database server - I hope that makes sense and/or my language is correct there... And, then, I dont get the part about how to export them from inside Workbench to BASE... The idea I'm trying to describe here would be similar to downloading a photoshop file from a remote server using an FTP client, where the DB would be the photoshop file and Workbench would be the FTP utility, and then converting the Photoshop file to like a jpeg... except Workbench would be convertine the MySQL DB to a BASE compatible format...

Workbench is a totally cool application... I intend to learn it in depth, but right now I have to get this "download" procedure down for an alternate project to learning the Workbench app per se. But I cant wait to get into it!

Thanks for any good help in advance!

Wm

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 12:22AM by Will Bender.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
trying to "download" DB's from website in workbench
November 26, 2013 12:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.