MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Workbench Font !
Posted by: A G
Date: February 17, 2014 09:43AM

So a few notes
- i'm aware of it requiring a restart.
- saying 'high DPI' is a bit of a misnomer. 1680x1050 could have been considered high DPI 10 years ago, but not today
- I have actually tried raising all the font sizes to 20 and changing all the font faces to something different, and I have yet to see *anything change, much less what I want changed
- This documentation is horrific
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-preferences-appearance.html
It literally pretends to detail what each category does by repeating the name of the category. Which leads me to believe whoever wrote this doc also has NO IDEA what its supposed to do

Comments about why changing a font size would be significant work aside... I am not going to enter your bug tickets for you. I don't work for oracle.

Do a google search -- it turns out this is a very common problem. Basically the workbench is just not the best choice until its ready to be used with modern displays. This should be motivation enough on your side.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
February 15, 2014 12:27PM
February 17, 2014 01:57AM
Re: Workbench Font !
A G
February 17, 2014 09:43AM
February 18, 2014 02:22AM
A G
February 18, 2014 09:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.