MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Maintaining connectivity with SSH
Posted by: Ed Chin
Date: March 20, 2014 10:45AM

Hi Mike,
thanks for your response. My scenario isn't exactly as you describe and unfortunately, it's not a few seconds for me to reconnect.

Let me clarify.

I could be connected to the remote database via SSH fine using MSQLWB. Then, if I need to look up something via google for a particular SQL command, or if I get interrupted with a phone call, or need to leave the app for whatever reason - I notice that the connection has died if I try to go back in even if the distraction was just a few minutes. I have no problem with having to reconnect - but the problem is that when I revisit the query page (tapping on it), the MySQL WorkBench busy icon kicks in, and stays like that for at least 30 seconds or more - and sometimes it never comes back. During this time, the interface is pretty much frozen. I would have to kill the process and reenter that way.

Based on your response that it should just be a few seconds, perhaps its a defect that i am running into, or there is some other variable at play? I don't mind having to reconnect if it were just a few seconds.

thanks again,
Ed

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
March 19, 2014 08:40PM
Re: Maintaining connectivity with SSH
March 20, 2014 10:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.