MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Can't connect with MySQL Workbench (commercial) over SSL
Posted by: Michael K
Date: May 12, 2014 08:20AM

I have gotten MySQL Workbench 6.0.9 commercial edition recently hoping to be able to do automatically scheduled backups (like the old MySQL Admin perhaps), but I can't connect to the server I want to. I have had MySQL Workbench 6.0.7 CE for a long time and have connected to this same server with no problem. I connect to this one over SSL. For another server that doesn't use SSL, I can connect fine with both Workbench versions.

The error I see is:
Your connection attempt failed for user 'blah' from your host to server at 255.255.255.255:3306:
SSL connection error: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)

It sounds like an SSL problem, but the SSL is all good for connecting with the other Workbench and I have all the connection settings the same. I double checked the Parameters, SSL, and Advanced tab to make sure settings were the same.

I'm not sure what's going on here. Any help?
Would it have anything to do with the MySQL server being community edition? Note that I did connect to the other server without SSL just fine.

Thanks for any help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Can't connect with MySQL Workbench (commercial) over SSL
May 12, 2014 08:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.