MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Will Connector/ODBC work with mySQL workbench
Posted by: C I
Date: May 27, 2014 01:45AM

Thanks Mike

Can I just check what you are saying then please - I can access Workbench using SAS in the same way that I would access a MYSQL database through SAS. Is this correct? i.e. is workbench the same as a MySQL database for access purposes?

Below is the reply I received from a SAS technical consultant - he's not familiar with workbench. He was recommending using the ODBC access module but your reply indicates I can use the MySQL access module. Does this sound correct?

Many many thanks for your support and advice

REply from SAS technical consultant:
Access to MySQL allows native access to a MySQL database, but only a MySQL database.
Access to ODBC allows access to ODBC compliant data sources, such as Microsoft SQL Server or even MySQL. This is providing that the appropriate ODBC driver is installed.

From what we can tell the Workbench product is an environment that allows users to create and run queries across different data bases, but natively MySQL.
Without being able to confirm the type of database you are running the safest option would be to recommend Access to ODBC. This will work with both MySQL and SQL Server providing the appropriate ODBC driver is running on your machine.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Will Connector/ODBC work with mySQL workbench
C I
May 27, 2014 01:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.