MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench pauses every 10 seconds to auto-save
Posted by: Brett Cundal
Date: June 30, 2014 12:50PM

Hi,

I'm experiencing severe issues with frequent pausing while using MySQL Workbench... it's apparently doing an auto-save of all open tabs (regardless of whether they've changed or not) every 10 seconds, despite the fact that I've configured auto-save to happen every 20 minutes. Even disabling auto-save does not appear to have any effect on this. Sometimes I'll have several dozen tabs open across multiple connections, and the UI will pause for up to 4 seconds every 10 seconds, which is annoying to say the least.

Using strace on the process, I see that it's doing an open, write, fsync, close, rename for every connection (to save the connection_id file) and every tab (to save the .scratch file) every 10 seconds. The UI is completely blocked until this completes.

I tried wiping my .mysql/workbench folder since I was experiencing this issue with an older version of MySQL Workbench and thought maybe the config was to blame, but the same issue appeared with a fresh config.

I'm running MySQL Workbench 6.0.8.11354 under Mint linux 17.

Anything I can do to fix or mitigate this? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench pauses every 10 seconds to auto-save
June 30, 2014 12:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.