MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Lost Connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0
Posted by: IGG t
Date: August 27, 2014 05:03AM

I have various databases set up, and until recently could connect to them all just fine. However this morning I tried connecting to some, and am getting the following error:

Cannot Connect to Database Server

Your connection attempt failed for user 'username' from your host to server 123.123.123.123:3306:
Lost Connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0

and then goes onto make some suggestions like 'Check that MySQL is running'

MySQL is 5.5.34 running on Windows 2008 R2
I am connecting from Windows 7 using Workbench 6.1.7
I have 5 databases on 3 servers, and can connect to 2 of them ok, the others I get the same error.

The reason I have posted this in the workbench forum is that this problem only affects MySQL workbench. If I use the commandline or MySQL Query Browser I can connect just fine.

Is there any issue that people know of that might afflict workbench in this way?

Looking on the internet the usual suggestions are to set connect_timeout to 10 (already set to 10), set skip_name_resolve to ON (already set to ON), check Aborted_connects (goes up with each failed attempt).

I've checked the usernames / passwords multiple times already, so am at a loss as to what the issue may be. I didn't want to raise it as a Bug until I'd checked if other people have had this issue first (in case it's something I'm doing)?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
August 27, 2014 05:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.