MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Foreign keys and queries
Posted by: Nick Abelson
Date: November 27, 2014 10:39AM

Hi
I am coming back to SQL after a twenty year break so have enough knowledge to confuse myself without being any help.

I have set up a model in workbench and successfully exported this to a new connection I created. However this was only after I removed the foreign keys I had created in a table. I have user table, an activity table and a user activity table with the user activity table containing foreign keys from the other two tables.

However I had to remove those foreign keys before I could forward engineer. Why is that?

Now I have the three tables in the DB and have created some records in each I want to show the activities that each user has signed up for. So it is some sort of union/join statement I think, but how do I build this through drag and drop of the relevant columns from the different tables?

thanks for your help
Nick

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Foreign keys and queries
November 27, 2014 10:39AM
November 28, 2014 01:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.