MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Editing tables faster in Workbencg 6.x
Posted by: Dean Richert
Date: November 27, 2014 05:50PM

I am using an older version of workbench from before the Oracle aquisition (5.x series). I tested 6.x out a few days ago but had some issues. I want to update because 5.x is too dated now (it doesn't understand utf8mb4 charset and collations), but I am not as productive in the new 6.0 version version.

(I'm on Windows.)

A few questions:

1) Can I hide the information panel that is within the sidebar panel? Looks like I can hide the sidebar, but not information panel within it.
2) Is there a way to immediately view the tables in a schema upon selecting it? In 6.x you have to go click the drop down by the scheme, then click the drop down by "Tables", then right click the table and select "Select Rows, LIMIT 1000". This takes far too much time. In 5.x, once I had the schema opened I wanted, I just double clicked to edit the table data. This was very fast.
And if 2 is a "no":
3) How can I edit table data faster than this: click the schema dropdown, click the tables dropdown, click the table, right click edit table data (or click the very tiny popup button to edit it). I would love to be able to double click a table name and have the data for that table displayed, like in the workbench 5.x series, instead of having the dropdown that lists additional dropdowns for Columns, Indexes, Foreign Keys, and Triggers).

The bottom line of this post is that I want to very quickly open a schema select a table and edit its data. This was faster for me in 5.x than in 6.x.

Any plugins, scripts, or addons, edits, preferences settings, or suggestions of any kind to speed up this basic task for me would be very helpful to know.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Editing tables faster in Workbencg 6.x
November 27, 2014 05:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.