MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Installed Workbench won't run
Posted by: Lead Developer
Date: February 11, 2015 07:36PM

My PC is running windows 8.1 - running the shell that gets rid of the stupid metro interface.

all the latest security patches
norton / malware bytes - clean system - runs great
installed memory 8.0 GB (97.88 usable)
64-bit
Intel Core i5 - 3330 CPU running a 3.0 GHZ
HP Pavilion model p7 -1423w

Downloaded MySQL Workbench (Release: 6.2.4) for 64-bit systems

The wizard seems to install okay (though it is unusually fast; I thought something this complex might take a bit longer to install and configure itself) then clicked on the dolphin icon, but nothing happens.

there is no hint anywhere of what could be wrong except there was some missing dll message. i replace the dll following instructions on how to do this. i forgot the dll name but it seems this was very common as there were lots of videos on you tube as to how to replace it.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing many times, also the regular (on CE version), same result.

It really seems as if you have to be some sort of ace Windows system administrator to get this to work. I am just a relational DB app guy, not some db installation guru.

I have no idea what to do when there is not even the slightest hint of what could be wrong.

Any hint as to what to do would REALLY be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Installed Workbench won't run
February 11, 2015 07:36PM
February 12, 2015 03:16AM
February 12, 2015 05:03AM
February 13, 2015 02:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.