MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Newbie problems with Workbench config
Posted by: Bill Holt
Date: May 16, 2015 09:15AM

I am trying to bring databases together that I have created and used over the years, starting with one old MySQL one snd one created in LibreOffice Base.

I have taken a newly installed Windows7 64-bit machine and installed the Community Edition, including Workbench.

I then used the import wizard and imported the older MySQL databases across the network. The "Home" tab in Workbench brings up a blackish screen, nothing like the screen shown in the guides and video.

The imported databases are accessible via a light grey panel titled "Local instance". I have manually searched my C drive, but have failed to find where these files are stored.
At the bottom of the screen, I have the Sakila_full models (2 instances), and a Model I have created (also 2 instances) containing a MySQL schema that matches the LibreOffice schema and into which I hope to import the matching csv data. The sakila data is in a MySQL directory "Extras", and the model I have created is stored in one of my Windows User directories.

Is there any guidance anywhere that shows how to organise all this so that everything can be combined into one place and have a simple routine for access to any schema.

Is the my-default.ini file the key to the whole thing? Is there still a way to get to the 3-pane Home screen as shown in the guidance videos?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Newbie problems with Workbench config
May 16, 2015 09:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.