MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Installing from yum repo onto Oracle Linux 7
Posted by: Andrew Rojek
Date: October 06, 2015 07:44AM

I've got the latest MySQL server up and running on OL7 but when I try to install the Workbench application from the yum repo I get a warning from the installer relating to python when it tries to build python-paramiko -> urllib3.

Following the http link that is reported with the warning message, it states that the version of Python (2.7.5) that comes with OL7 is too old for urllib3 to be built and the build stops.

I've posted on the OL7 forum and they say that Red Hat is designed to be 'Stable' and so the version numbers do not change but the Python installation is up-to-date.

Their solution was to use the Oracle software library that installs into /opt/rh that does not interfer with the Red Hat install but then I've got to redirect the installer to the latest Oracle Python installation.

Hopefully this is just a case of setting the Environmental Variable temporarily. Making it permanent would apparently interfere with other components of the operating system.

As MySQL is part of Oracle is their a solution to this? Alternatively is there some documentation on how to administer MySQL from the command line or changing config file and firewall settings so that I can use it from my Mac?

Regards.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Installing from yum repo onto Oracle Linux 7
October 06, 2015 07:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.