MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: MySQL Workbench upgrade process
Posted by: Keith Suddick
Date: March 01, 2016 09:26PM

Hello Mike, thanks for your reply. I do take your point and I would normally check compatibility for anything I myself might download and try to install, but I've never even thought about doing that for an upgrade that was offered to me by an already installed application. Worst case I would have expected is that should the new install fail, any changes could be backed-out or better still don't uninstall the old version until the end and then maybe even ask the user to ok that.

Thanks for the link too, I did see that previous versions were available but as I mentioned I didn't know what version had just been uninstalled and I would have had to read through the specs to find out the last version compatible with Vista. As it happens I found an installation package for MySQL Workbench on my machine and presumed that must have been the one I originally installed - it worked and as I'll probably be upgrading the OS on this machine shortly anyway I'm not too bothered about it being bang up to date.

Cheers,

Keith

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
February 29, 2016 09:17AM
Re: MySQL Workbench upgrade process
March 01, 2016 09:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.